Are you age 21 or older? Does your spouse/partner have cancer? You and your spouse/partner may be able to participate in a research study to test a treatment to improve sleep. This study involves up to 4-5 sleep treatment sessions over 6 months and completing questionnaires. Your spouse/partner must be willing to participate in this study.
The purpose of the study is to design and test a sleep intervention for patients diagnosed with cancer and their intimate partner
WHAT PARTICIPANTS CAN EXPECT
- You will be given access to an application (App) that you download for free and use with a UPMC health coach.
- You will be asked to complete a set of questionnaires no matter what group you are randomly assigned.
- Then you and your intimate partner will engage in sessions each week, interacting with the mobile application and health coach for 5-6 weeks or, only you will engage in the sessions each week for 5-6 weeks
- The intervention includes the mobile application to use daily in combination with the work you do with the health coach.
- After the treatment, you and your intimate partner will complete a battery of questionnaires approximately 3- and 6-months after the first set of questionnaires. You will also complete a 30–45-minute interview about the app.